Cranberry & Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich
This easy chicken salad sandwich had a fall make over and is filled with delicious, sweet cranberries and crunchy pecans for an easy meal.
- 2 lbs. of chicken
- 1 cup of chicken broth If you decide to grill your chicken or use rotisserie chicken then you don't need the chicken broth.
- 2.5 cups of dried cranberries
- 2 cups pecans, crushed
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 3/4 cup of celery, diced
- 1.5 cups of mayo
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. dill, fresh or dried I prefer fresh but you can also use dried.
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. chives, fresh or died
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. of onion powder
- Rolls or croissants
Cook your chicken in your pressure cooker with the chicken broth according to pressure cooker instructions. If you use a slow cooker, add the chicken broth to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Once done, shred chicken with a fork and add it to a bowl with the onions and celery. Refrigerate.
Mix together remaining ingredients for the dressing – except the cranberries and pecans.
Add dressing to your chicken and mix well
Fold in cranberries and pecans.
Chill for two hours.
Add to your croissant and serve.