Sometimes I find that breakfast dishes don’t contain enough vegetables.
With bacon, sausage and eggs, I can easily get my fill of protein before the day gets started. But what if I wants a few colorful veggies thrown into the mix?
Due to its savory nature, this dish could easily pass for lunch or dinner in addition to breakfast and it makes an outstanding brunch dish when you’re looking to serve up something special and different to friends and family.
- 6 croissants sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of fresh spinach
- 3 cups of milk
- 2-2 1/2 cups sun-dried tomatoes dried and chopped
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 12 oz of broccoli
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease your casserole pan with your olive oil.
- Add one layer of croissants to the pan. Use about half of your slices.
- Layer in the spinach and broccoli.
- Layer in half of the sun-dried tomatoes, green onion and goat cheese.
- Add a second layer of bread
- Add the rest of your sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Top with the rest of the green onions.
- Mix together your eggs, butter and milk.
- Pour mixture over the casserole and make sure all of the croissant pieces get covered by the egg mix.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and cook for 30 -40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.