Cauliflower rice is my favorite thing. Ok, so maybe it’s really ice cream but cauliflower rice comes close.
I try to constantly eat low carb meals because I’m Italian and somewhere in my DNA I’m pretty sure there is a yet undiscovered gene that causes all carbs to stick to my body. However, I love carbs so that makes passing up things like pasta and rice really difficult.
However, now that cauliflower rice is a thing, I feel like my prayers have been answered. I know that its cauliflower, but my head really believes that it tastes like rice. It saves me when I’m making an Asian inspired dish and sneaks in the extra veggies I know my body actually needs.
I love this recipe because it takes that cauliflower rice and adds a sweet component to it that sets it apart from other cauliflower recipes and it’s so colorful!
Get the details on the full, easy recipe below.
- 12 oz. of cauliflower rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of edamame (I use frozen.)
- 2 green onions, chopped and separate the white bottoms from the green tops
- ½ cup of pineapple
- ¼ cup of pineapple juice
- 3 tbs. of soy sauce
- 2 tbs. of olive oil
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add white bottoms of green onion.
2. Once they soften, add red pepper, carrots and edamame. Cook for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Add pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add cauliflower rice and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce and pineapple juice and mix thoroughly.
6. Cook until the cauliflower rice is softened and warm. Then remove and serve alone or with a protein.
It’s so easy and so healthy! I swear you will not miss the actual rice and you will probably fool your kids.
Happy eating, friends!