There’s nothing that gets my kids more excited for holidays than special treats. Halloween is especially fun because of the gore that’s possible, the colors and, well, all the food has eyes.
Aside from looks, most of the food tastes delectable and delicious too. It seems to combine some of your favorite things and make them more fun. That’s how I feel about this Halloween Haystacks recipe.
These little, ghoulishly good monsters combine chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels and Lo Mien noodles. What?!!? Yes. Low Mien.
I know it seems like an odd combo, but I don’t think you’ve until you’ve tasted Lo Mien covered in chocolate. And I would know. I hadn’t ever tried a haystacks recipe until last year.
This year though, I’ve taken the common haystacks recipe (which was already pretty dang delicious on its own) and twisted it into little monsters for Halloween. I think it just proves you can make any food perfect for Halloween if you turn it green and put eyes on it.
And – of course – one of my favorite things about this Halloween haystacks recipe is that it’s fast!
Did you forget to make something for the class party? Done. (Leave the PB out for school.)
Have friends coming over for Halloween? These guys got you covered.
Have a hankering for chocolate that doesn’t come prepackaged in a bright orange bucket?
It only takes about 5 minutes to make these and there is no actual oven cooking involved. Check out the video to see how fast I make them!
Get the full recipe below and let me know what you think!
For more Halloween recipes, click here.
Monster Halloween Haystacks Recipe
- 16 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 oz. Lo Mien noodles
- Green food coloring
- Candy eyes
- Melt white chocolate in the a microwave safe bowl. Start at 30 second and continue to melt in 30 second increments until it is melted. Be careful not to burn it.
- Stir in peanut butter to the hot, melted chocolate. Peanut butter will dissolve. See video above.
- Add in green food coloring. Add as much as you want until you have the desired color. Mix well.
- Add in your Lo Mien noodles and pretzels. Fold the noodles and pretzels into the chocolate mixture until everything is well combined.
- Using a small spoon, spoon out clumps of the mixture onto a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the candy eyes and let dry for about 10-20 minutes. Serve!