Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my favorite. I wait every fall for them to come out at Starbuck and I love them most when the weather starts to turn – really turn – into fall. Those mornings when there’s frost on the grass and the first day you have to turn the heat on after spending a few days with the windows open.
I don’t care if it’s “Basic” to like them. I like what I like and I’m not overly concerned about buzz words defining who I am.
However, I think we can all agree that a Starbucks habit can get expensive, fast. If I put the same amount of money I spend on coffee into a jar, we could probably go on a pretty fancy vacation each year.
But it’s really difficult for me to turn down the warm, perfectly-flavored, fall tasting coffee…until now.
Better than Starbucks and perfect for a crowd?
Last week I decided to make Pumpkin Spice Lattes at home and after just three recipe combinations, I found the perfect recipe that might be even better than Starbucks.
And, possibly the best parts? You can use it with regular coffee since I know most of us don’t have an espresso machine, and this recipe makes enough to serve a group. It’s perfect for Halloween parties with parents and entertaining with desserts and coffee.
Easy to make too!
This homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte is creamy, smooth and with a flavor that allows you to enjoy both the fall spices and the coffee.
It’s really easy to make too. It’s actually so easy to make that I wonder why I haven’t tired to make it before. You don’t need very many ingredients and you probably have a few of them at home right now considering its fall.
The spice will start to settle as you let it sit (as it did while I photographed it) but it doesn’t seem to impact the flavor. 🙂 Also, I wouldn’t save the pumpkin spice mixture since it’s made with dairy and I don’t know how long it will keep. Drink it fresh right away!
Click here to grab more yummy recipes!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup whole milk You can use skim or whatever milk substitute you're used to.)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 5 Tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mix together milk and sweetened condensed milk over medium heat.
- Add in pumpkin, pumpkin spices and vanilla.
- Whisk continuously until it starts to froth.
- Make a cup of coffee. Make it in a cup that will allow plenty of room for the pumpkin spice mixture. (If you're making a pot then make it ahead of time.)
- Pour about 3-4 Tbsp. of the milk and pumpkin mix into your coffee. Taste to make sure that's the right mix for you. Enjoy!