Ham and cheese is sort of like peanut butter and jelly. They’re one of those combos in life that always works and almost everyone can agree on loving.
If you’ve never heard of a strata before it’s simply a fancy way of saying a layered casserole dish. It is considered an American dish and is similar in make up to a quiche or a frittata. One of the best parts is that it – like a quiche – it can actually include anything you want it to and variations abound.
Ham & Cheese Breakfast StrataPrint Pin Rate
- 3 cups ham diced
- 12 slices of bread cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of butter melted
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 3 cups of Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 scallions chopped
- Grease your pan with your olive oil and make sure the whole pan is covered.
- Layer about half of your bread cubes on the bottom on the pan.
- Next layer half of the ham and half of the cheese.
- Add in the rest of your bread.
- Then add another layer of ham and cheese.
- Combine milk, eggs and melted butter and then pour it over the whole mixture. Make sure to cover the whole casserole with the mixture.
- Chill for at least two hours. If you want you can make this the night before you intend to serve it.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and then bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes and then serve.