My kids love Halloween and they’re obsessed with all the treats that come with it. While they’re running around the neighborhood knocking on strangers’ doors (ideally with dad or grandma if they’re young), you can be hanging out in the warmth while whipping up something extra fun for dessert that night.
These cute, Ghostly White Chocolate Covered Pretzels are an especially ghoulishly good time if you’re having friends over after trick-or-treating.
Easy, peasy Halloween
Aside from being good, these Ghostly White Chocolate Covered Pretzels are easy too! Since Halloween is almost always during the middle of the week and on a school/work night, easy treats are a must for me during this scary-fun celebration.
These literally take minutes and will satisfy any sweet tooth you might have from seeing the abundance of candy your children bring home. Melt the chocolate, dip the pretzels and you’re pretty much there. Check out the video below to see exactly how I did it.
The chocolate I used
I used Ghirardelli Chocolate melting wafers for this recipe. This is not a sponsored post, but I’m telling you this because I honestly think that the brand of chocolate makes or breaks any chocolate covered recipes. You can use whatever brand you like but know that the Ghiradelli white chocolate takes it over the top. Maybe because it’s vanilla flavored chocolate and I’m a sucker for vanilla.
Take your haunts with you
Since we live on the farm now, we won’t be having people over this year because no one walks down the road our house is on to trick-or-treat. And no one would want to since it’s pitch black and cars have a tendency to drive 60 mph. However, we are going to our friends’ and I’m planning to take these along.
The Ghostly White Chocolate Covered Pretzels travel really well once they dry, and they keep too. We kept the ones we made for a week in an airtight container.
Get the full recipe for these little guys below and give your little monsters something to shriek about on Halloween!
For more fun Halloween recipes, click here.
Ghostly White Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 10 oz meltable chocolate
- 2-3 cups pretzels
- Candy eyes
- Get your cookie sheet ready by adding a layer or parchment paper.
- Add your meltable chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 30 second increments. It took about 1 minute to melt my chocolate but do not do 1 minute all at once or you will burn the edges.
- Once melty, give it a stir to make sure everything is melted correctly.
- Wait about 2-3 minutes and then start dipping your pretzels. Use a fork to help get the pretzels covered and remove them from the bowl or you will get your fingers full of chocolate.
- Put down a row or two or pretzels on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and then add your candy eyes. If you have a lot of chocolate in the ghost "mouth" you can use a toothpick to remove some of it.
- Wait about 10-20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Carefully break off any stringy pieces that make the ghost look strange.