Around the holidays, or really any time you’re serving a crowd, I believe that easy desserts are some of the best desserts. Hosting can be so stressful when you’re in charge of the food, décor, cleaning the house and entertaining. Any food that’s delicious and easy gives you a break at the end of a meal.
I believe a lot of people are intimidated by dessert, especially when it comes to any sort of cheesecake. I will include my here. I’m much better when it comes to cooking. Baking stresses me out a bit because everything has to be so precise and I’m more of an add-a-little-of-this-and-add-a-little-of-that-kind-of-a-girl.
So, trust me when I say Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Cheesecake Trifle is an easy dessert your friends and family will love. It won’t stress you out at all and is ready in just a few minutes. You can make it just before you serve dessert, although, if you have time it’s always better to chill the cheesecake mixture for an hour.
When I was done photographing these, my husband started eating them right away and kept shoveling in spoonfuls. Sometimes I judge how good a recipe is by how much he eats. I think it’s safe to say this one is a keeper since he was talking about it being good and tasting like cheesecake with his mouth full. 🙂
You can make this recipe two ways. I’ll detail it out below in the recipe instructions. I hope you enjoy it!
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel No Bake Cheesecake Trifle
- Three cups of chocolate covered pretzels OR three cups of plain pretzels
- ***If you use plain pretzels you will need chocolate drizzle
- Caramel drizzle
- 3, 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese. It’s important that it’s softened.
- 2 ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sugar
- 12 oz of Cool Whip
- Whipped cream
- Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and Cool Whip with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Chop or break chocolate covered pretzels OR if you are using regular pretzels then just lightly break them.
- Using individual serving cups, layer the pretzels and drizzle caramel sauce on top. If you are using chocolate drizzle also add this at this time.
- Add a layer of cheesecake mixture and then add another layer of pretzels and caramel drizzle.
- Continue to layer until you reach the top of your glass, cup or bowl. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle some additional pretzel pieces on top.
- Serve immediately.
Happy eating, friends! For more dessert recipes, click here.