Remember laying on the beach and slathering baby oil on yourself to get a deeper tan? Remember spraying Sun-in through your hair hoping it would lighten up today if you put enough in? If you remember this too, you might be in need of some new moisturizers. While I love those memories of playing outside from sun up to sun down, I certainly look every bit my 38 years.
As a mother if two little ones I am often running on little sleep. I live in Chicago so my skin is exposed to harsh elements for most of the year. These two alone can make your skin look and feel dull and dry. I think the earlier you start taking care of your skin the better. Here are a few products I love that help my skin feel moisturized and soft.
- Botanic Farm Avocado Honey Rich water balm cream. It is amazing. It is thick and creamy but goes on so light and seems to immediately sink into my skin. I put it around my eyes and I swear it has helped my under eye bags and crow’s feet. It is one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. Seriously – go buy it.
- Oil of Olay. This is a tried and true moisturizer for me. It is so affordable, has an SPF in it and is sensitive enough that I can use it around my eyes too. It’s priced so well that I have no problem putting it on my neck and chest and whatever is left over I rub on the back of my hands. I figure a little SPF is good for everyday everywhere the sun touches.
- Jergens Natural Glow firming lotion. I still have a little of that beach loving, baby oil applying girl in me. I like how I look with a little tan, or in this case totally safe non skin damaging color. I don’t use it on my face although they do have a facial formula. I am not trying to look crazy tan, I just want a little color in the middle of these long, cold white winters in Chicago.
- MAC Strobe Cream. I first purchased this when I was getting married. I had my makeup done for a few of the events the year we were engaged and I swear it is one of the secrets to having your makeup professionally done. It helps moisturize and gives a great base for even coverage of foundation. I don’t use this every day but I love to add it under my makeup for special occasions.
- Best Damn Lip Mask. Is well…the best damn lip mask. I live by this in the winter. I slather it on me and my kids. My son will play outside in the snow for HOURS. I have been horrified by how dry and cracked his lips and all around them can get. I literally put this on his lips and all around his mouth and the next morning his lips don’t even look chapped. I put this on and I can still feel it the next morning, I love it.
Hopefully with the help of these products I can turn the clock back a little. If you have babies you know what it’s like to have the days fly by. I may not have time (or money) for regular spa trips, multi-step skin care regiments or get all of the sleep I need but these products help me at least slow down the aging process a little. Now if I could just figure out how to freeze time so my babies stay this age for a little longer too!