With Halloween fast approaching everyone at my daughter’s school is talking about parties with friends and dreaming about all the treats they’re going to get to eat.
However, if you feel like the kids in your life are going to get enough candy to last a lifetime, I have pulled together some fun and unique Halloween snack hacks for you that will still be a treat without creating candy overload.
These snacks combine the goodness of Dole Fruit Cups, Mixations, Parfaits and Fruitocracy squeezable fruit pouches with some friendly Halloween faces to give your kids and their friends a delicious, spooktacular treat. When my daughter came home and saw these she immediately began asking to eat them versus the candy that someone had dropped off on our doorstep the night before. Sometimes a pair of googly eyes can make all the difference when it comes to selecting a snack for kids.
These are perfect for school parties, at-home Halloween parties or even to give out on Halloween to a few, select trick-or-treaters. Check out the step-by-step instructions for these snack hacks below.
Supplies for all projects include:
- Dole Fruit Bowls in 100% juice
- Dole Mixations (Which is like an apple sauce using different fruit. I used the Mango and Pineapple kind.)
- Dole Parfaits (I used the Peaches & Crème.)
- Dole Fruitocracy Squeezable Pouches (I used apple banana.)
- A package of googly eyes. I was able to find a package with multiple-sized eyes, but you can all use one size across all projects.
- Craft glue
- Clear tape
- Black washi tape
- Black poster board or construction paper. I used poster board because I had it already and I liked the way it held up more than construction paper.
- Green poster board or construction paper.
- Chalk marker
- 1 package of white streamers
Spider Fruit Cups
I thought of this idea first as I was deciding what to use. It was born out of two concepts: 1. My daughter loves these pear fruit cups in 100% juice. 2. My daughter hates spiders. J As I started thinking about how I would do it the concept was also simple enough. I decided if I had to make 24 of these there was no way I could afford to do something overly interact and detailed.
1. Outline the top of the Dole Fruit Cup on the black poster board using the chalk marker.
2. Cut out the circles just outside the marker line.
3. Use the black poster board to cut out 2 ½ inch legs for the spider. You need 8 for each spider. I cut a square of about 2 ½ inches by 2 inches and was able to get four legs from each of these.
4. Tape the legs to the top of the fruit cup. Make sure the tab to open the fruit cup in in the back of the spider.
5. Tape your circle to the top of the fruit cup, making sure to cover the spots where the legs are attached.
6. Glue your googly eyes and let dry.
7. Bend your spider’s legs so it looks more realistic.
Dole Mixation Pumpkins
I loved the way these little guys turned out and I loved that using the Dole Mixation cups made the pumpkins look mostly orange versus just using a fruit cup. This was the first time we had these and my daughter loved them! So did my son, which is wonderful because he seems to live on air and milk.
1. Use the bottom of the Dole Mixation cup to loosely draw a circle. You want this a little larger than the actual bottom of the cup so make sure you make it slightly bigger. You can use the top of the fruit cup as a guide and the size should be perfect.
2. Cut out your green circles and trim little triangles around the perimeter. This will become part of your pumpkin’s stem. Tape it to the BOTTOM of the Dole Mixation cup.
3. Glue on eyes for your pumpkin.
4. Using the washi tape cut a square or another shape for the pumpkin’s nose. The square was the easiest.
5. Using the black construction paper, cut out the mouth shapes. I did all smiles because I wanted them to look friendly. You can make any shape you like though. Tape the smiles to the cup. I tried glue but tape worked best.
6. Tape the green, spiky circle you made earlier to the top of the pumpkin. Cut a stems and tape it on top of this. I folded it in half to have a spot to take as well as enough “stem.”
Fruit Pouch Mummies
These are incredibly each and they also make for easy transport if you want to take them somewhere. Each one took me just a few minutes. These are a staple in my home because they are so convenient and so delicious. They’re also super convenient for school parties since there is virtually no mess to clean up.
1. Cut about 16 inches of the white streamers. Tape this to the back of the Dole Fruitocracy squeezable fruit pouch.
2. Wrap the streamers around the pouch until the surface is completely covered. Make sure to layer it slightly as you go.
3. Tape the end to the back of the pouch.
4. Glue on eyes and when they’re dry turn down select spots of the streamers to give the “bandages” a little something extra.
This one is by far the easiest! If you need a cute snack in a hurry this is the one to go for.
1. Flip the Dole Parfait upside down.
2. Glue googly eyes to the front. Make sure the open tab is in the back of your ghost.
3. Cut out circles from your black poster board and tape them to the cups. That’s it!
Which Halloween Snack Hack is your favorite?
For more fun crafts, click here. For more food ideas, click here.
Such a fun idea for Halloween. My boys would love the spider fruit cups. I will have to make them some.
I can’t decide if I like the fruit pouch mummies or the Dole pumpkins the best! These are adorably cute!! Great job mama!
These are SO cute! I definitely woudn’t be disappointed about getting one of these in my treat bag 🙂
I love these! Both of my kids have a no-candy-rule at school for Halloween treats. Such a perfect alternative!
This is so adorable I can’t handle it. I love little crafts like these to make snacks fun!
I love the idea of making every day snacks look and feel special. The water bottles are so adorable that any kid would feel like it was a party while drinking it!
These are so awesome! My kids are going to go wild…they LOVE those pouches! Thank you!
I am all about those healthy snacks! This is really great! It’s nice to prepare something fun and healthy for the kids to enjoy!
I already got a lot of Halloween snack ideas and these fruity Halloween would add a different taste to them. Plus these are healthier.
These are too cute! I think i may do something fun like this with the cheese sticks I have to take to my daughter’s school party. I think the kids would love them
These are all really cute ideas!
Oh these are so simple to put together!! These would be perfect for kids lunch boxes, class parties, or class party goody bags!
These are really great ideas, and so fun for kiddos!
Very imaginative use of the Dole products and their different color schemes. Love all the spooky creations and know how to put a scare in those little kids that love the cups.
These snacks are just adorable!!! I would love to do this for my kids for their Halloween snacks!
these are all so cute and so fun! it’s nice to see Halloween treats that don’t involve a ton of sugar. kids get a lot of candy this time of year and it’s good to incorporate healthy options too!
These are so cute. I’m going to make these and put them in my kid’s lunches, they will love them!
My mom would have loved these. She only let us have candy that one night so these healthy snacks would have been much preferred and my dad who were in the dental profession.
What a great idea. Halloween can still be fun and spooky with healthy snack choices and a little candy of course.
What a super cute idea! I love the pumpkin fruit cup – so fun!
Great crafts! This is so easy to do and I love simple, especially with my son.
So cute! Think I will make a few of these for my kids lunches on Monday and Tuesday next week! They love the mixed fruit cups!
These are perfect! Great way to give healthy treats but still be festive!
These are so cute and would be perfect for classroom parties or playdates. I love how simple they are too!
Adorable! I love the healthier but still festive options for the kiddos. We have been around so many sugary treats this month, I’m sure other parents would appreciate these too!
These are some really cute ideas. I love doing those with the fruit cups for sure.
These are such a cute idea especially for kids parties!
Oh for fun! I love the parfait idea! I am going to share these with a friend.
What cute ideas! These are all so clever
That is such a cute way to make healthy snacking fun! I LOVE the spider idea. It’s super cool.
What a cute way to get some healthy snacks in there for Halloween! The holidays are so tough because the kids eat so much junk food. It’s nice to have fruit snacks on hand.
Super cute idea!! I actually did the mummy style creature to my kid’s yogurt pouches and they really enjoyed it!!
Oh I love fun, simple, and easy way to be festive like these! Thanks for the inspiration.
Oh, how fun! I bet my grandsons would love decorating these. Thanks for the great idea!
These are all such creative ideas. I love using these cups to make stuff with. I did something like this for Valentine’s Day once. They really are great for decorating for the holidays.
OMG! We have some of these fruit cups at home and I would have NEVER thought to do this!! GENIUS!
I love these! Easy ways to decorate for Halloween!
I love how you’ve taken boring fruit cups and tournament is super cute Halloween creatures! These will be perfect to put in any lunch box
Okay! It’s official! You win mom of the year award! These are SO cute! The ghosts are adorable! Seriously so creative.
What an adorable and easy idea! I’m sure your kids get super excited when they go to open their lunch! I love the fruit pouch mummies!
Such clever Halloween treat ideas! Cute cute cute!
These are so cute and simple! Such a great idea for Halloween parties or even to hand out to trick or treaters!
I love this idea! I’m always looking for alternatives to candy. This one is so much fun. It’s so perfect for school parties.
Those are some genuinely nice treats! i know my kids would love to give them a try!
this is such a super cute halloween idea!
These are so cute! I’ve seen similar things with pudding cups but I like the idea of fruit MUCH better! Love all the different fun ones you came up with!