5 Diet Wins When You Get Over The Hump

This post was sponsored by MediFast. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

You know how when a diet starts and its hard? Like really hard? Maybe you also know how when you get passed that hard part, usually the first two weeks or so, there are some small benefits – diet wins – you start seeing to eating better, smaller meals.

Diet wins - 5 benefits you see when you get over the hump - The Everyday Mom Life

While I haven’t been on a lot of formal diets in my lifetime like Medifast, I do think there are some general truths about dieting. Or, at least, every time I’ve been on some sort of a diet, even if it’s just simply eating healthier and drinking more water, there are some wins I start noticing once I get over the hump.

Here are the five things I believe you’ll start noticing fairly quickly once you stick with your diet plan and get passed the first few weeks.

Healthier skin

This is one of the first things I notice when on a diet. Like many plans, Medifast Flex has you drink a lot of water each day. I try to drink 64 oz. or more of water or unsweetened tea. The water helps to keep you full, but it also starts doing great things for your skin since you’re so well hydrated. My skin, which is sensitive and rather dry, starts looking healthier, fuller and my complexion just generally looks brighter.

I love seeing this benefit because while it’s not your main goal, it’s certainly a wonderful perk.

Your pants are fitting just a bit better

Once I got through my first few weeks on Medifast Flex, my pants started feeling different. As I mentioned in my second post, I was having a lot of trouble staying on task with the diet in the beginning so this benefit probably happened for some other bloggers on the diet before it happened to me. I’m also on a slightly different plan than some of the others due to the frequency with which I work out.

However, in the last week or so I have noticed a bit of a change. Once we get fully into November I also believe it will be easier for me. Shockingly, I don’t enjoy the November and December seasonal food as much as I do the September and October seasonal food.

Cravings are diminished

It’s really great when you hit this spot on a diet. I love that I’m not as hungry now that I’ve been on Medifast Flex a few weeks. I love that the meals are spread out evenly throughout the day so that when I do start feeling hungry, it’s pretty much time for a meal.

You have more energy

This is the ultimate short-term win on a diet. You will feel it in your whole when it starts happening. Right now I’m starting to feel like it’s easier to get up in the morning and I’m overall more energetic throughout the day. To me it’s actually better than my pants starting to fit better because I feel like I can keep up with the kids’ energy. That makes me feel like I’m being a better mom.

Enhanced mood

With the four things above happening, I have noticed I’m in a much better mood. Who doesn’t love it when their pants fit better or when their skin looks good? For me dieting has been 100 percent about my mental state. It’s something I can talk myself into and out of depending on my mood. So the better I feel because of the results I’m seeing, the more easily I can convince myself to keep it up and push myself more towards my overall goal.

What short-term diet benefits do you notice or what are your favorite diet wins?

To learn more about the Medifast plan I am on, click here. And, save $145 on the 30-day Flex Kit. Offer includes 21 Free Shakes on their renewal plan.

“*Average weight loss for Medifast Direct® customers using Medifast Go™ is 11 pounds. Medifast Direct customers are in weight loss, on average, for 8 weeks.”

• robin rue November 01, 2017 03.32 pm

I definitely do find that when I am eating clean, I crave the junk a lot less. These are all awesome benefits 🙂

• Jennifer Louise Smith November 01, 2017 04.00 pm

I definitely see healthier skin when I’m consistently eating well. It’s so crazy that even when we see these great results that it’s easy to fall back into bad habits. But it’s so worth it to stick with it!

• serena November 01, 2017 04.36 pm

I definitely see the benefit of healthier looking skin when dieting. I’m always so horrible about staying hydrated.

• Kristi McAllister November 01, 2017 05.14 pm

I love posts like this because since moving to the beach last December, i’ve gained 24 pounds! Too many margaritas! And recently, I started WW again because the ketogenic diet was way hard for me to stick to (I’m a girl that needs carbs!). Sound like Medifast though would be a really good jump start for me so I’m going to look into it! Keep on keepin’ on!

• Typically Jane November 01, 2017 06.11 pm

I totally needed this reminder today as I try to say no to Halloween candy leftovers!

• Kari November 01, 2017 06.14 pm

I love this! I am gonna apply these to my own healthy ways 🙂

• Margaret November 01, 2017 06.23 pm

Yay for diet wins! I need to focus on dieting again. It’s hard with so much Halloween candy around the house. Some of my favorite dieting wins are clothes fitting better, more energy, and a better mood.

• Jessica Joachim November 01, 2017 07.42 pm

I for sure feel better when I eat better. Skin looks better and I have way more energy. It sounds like a pretty good regime here too.

• Maryal November 01, 2017 07.55 pm

I love this! All so true. Healthier skin and energy are always the biggest things I notice when my diet is much cleaner, and that makes me really want to stick with it. Makes it totally worth the struggle/effort!

Thanks for sharing!

– Maryal

• Terri Steffes November 01, 2017 08.16 pm

I like to call these non scale victories NSV. I think the scale fools us into thinking we are not healthy or healthy, but these NSV are the facts!!

• Rochelle November 02, 2017 12.52 am

I’m in the thick of this myself, and can’t wait for these benefits. Right now I’m more focused on calories than eating clean, but moving that direction!

• Katrina November 02, 2017 02.00 am

It’s so awesome that you get all these benefits from eating the right foods for your body and exercising! I need to get back into clean eating soon

• Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh November 02, 2017 02.20 am

Eating better is so hard, even though I feel 100% better, and my skin is clearer. I’ve got to get back into the mindset.

• Jenny November 02, 2017 02.41 am

I love when you start to notice your pants getting a little looser – totally the feeling that makes it all worth it.

• Summer November 02, 2017 11.13 am

I need to get back on track with my diet and exercise. I have totally fallen off the wagon since school started and I picked up extra classes. But you are right, it does feel really good to be healthy!

• AnnMarie John November 02, 2017 02.05 pm

I’ve been hearing about this diet often these days. It seems like it’s really effective and good for our body as well. I love that there’s so much to enjoy not just the weight loss.

• Melissa Chapman November 02, 2017 02.33 pm

I never tried any diet plans like this one and it looks like it is really good for you. I am now trying to eat a plant based diet and this has made me feel good and get some of those benefits.

• Cara @ Street Smart Nutrition November 02, 2017 02.44 pm

It’s tough for me to get behind diets of any kind since I discovered Intuitive Eating. I know there’s some folks that do really well on different diets, but they’re not for me. I know all of these same benefits can be found without so much restriction and avoidance of foods we enjoy! But I’m glad to hear you’re feeling great.

• ashley November 02, 2017 03.16 pm

having clear skin and fiting into my old jeans is always the most rewarding part of sticking to my diet! plus I feel better too 🙂

• Bailey November 02, 2017 03.34 pm

So true! I recently made the decision to get into the best shape of my life. And I’ve noticed all Of these things

• Jeanine November 02, 2017 04.07 pm

This is fabulous! Thanks. After baby #8 comes I will for sure need to follow some pointers to make sure I stay on track and am doing what benefits me most!

• Angie November 02, 2017 07.44 pm

Eating clean and healthy definitely puts me in a better mood and gives me a lot more energy!

• Cindy Ingalls November 03, 2017 04.57 am

When I stick to a healthier way of eating I just feel better. When I feel better than I notice I’m more likely to stick with my workouts because my energy levels are high enough to help me sustain my workouts.

• Kimberly Croisant November 03, 2017 01.28 pm

I can concur with all of this, especially more energy and your pants fit better. I love it when I reach that point. Also, you may experience that “hump” more than once or twice in your life…but don’t ever give up!!! That’s my motto.

• Heather November 03, 2017 10.42 pm

I need to get there! With our house move and then so many fall activities and Halloween, I’ve been eating horribly. And my body is feeling it. BLEH.

• Sara November 04, 2017 01.55 am

I recently did a 21 day green cleanse and it was the best decision I made. I experienced all of these great things, specially my pants fitting better.